I gave a talk last week introducing the Arduino platform to some MQ students and staff. It seemed to go well and there is a bit of interest in carrying on with a regular meetup in the Electronics labs - more details to come when we organise a time. Meanwhile, here are my slides from the talk, not that they’re very informative by themselves but I wanted to try out slideshare.
Some of the projects that we demo’d on friday were:
- James’ tweet powered colour changing LEDs
- James’ temperature sensitive LED - breath on it and make it glow red.
- Steve’s LCD twitter display - display your latest twitter post on a small LCD screen.
- Steve’s Lego/Arduino hybrid driving lego motors with an Arduino motor shield
- Steve’s three wheeled bot with IR distance sensors visualised using a processing program on the desktop
- The Blimpduino that floated around the room as I talked - not finished yet and inflated for the first time on Friday.
Send me mail or leave a comment if you’re interested in playing with some of this stuff. We should have a few boards available when we meet in the lab, so you don’t need your own gear.